Monday, July 6, 2015

July 6, 2015 - 2 Weeks left!!!

Elder Truscott and Elder Fonua in Panorama

Elders Celebrating the 4th of July at the Starlite Diner

This week went pretty fast for me as well.
Last Monday we just went to the mall and walked around. We were exhausted and I didn’t want to play sports, so we just walked around and then Ryno Kruger came and we ate dinner together. It was a pretty nice day and a much needed rest. I've been so tired lately. I guess it comes with the lifestyle here.

I am super jealous that you got to spend the 4th at the cabin. I miss that place. It seems crazy that it’s been 2 4th of July's since I've been home. Sometimes it hits me how long it’s been since I've been in Utah.
Wednesday I was on exchanges with Elder Fonua in Panorama. So we did that testing the promises thing, but instead of just testing the promises for a ton of lessons the mission realizes that the way to get real growth is through member referrals....so we had the specific goal of getting 3 referrals. From anyone. So we just asked for them all day long, and we got a ton. It was great and showed Elder Fonua and myself that you don’t get them unless you ask and that sometimes you just have to be bold and ask. But it went great and we had a nice day, and got decent list of referrals for Panorama to follow up on.

On the 4th of July we went to Starlite Diner (kinda funny cause I was there last year too!) But we went with Elder Carnieletto and his comp Elder McCarroll and Elders Pahulu and Me. It was a nice time and we had a good dinner and desert :) Made for a good time after a day of work!
The week was a pretty average one to be honest. It went really quickly and we were just trying to do missionary work. The average lesson per day in the zone right now has been 3, so we decided this week to try and teach 4 every day just to up the goals and try to get the average a bit higher...so we were shooting for that, some days we got it and others no...but it was a good week.

Sunday we got some bad news, the taxi service that was picking up people in the Kraaifontein area was cancelled cause the taxi drivers were getting into arguments about the different routes....so we had to call a great member to give Sam a ride to church cause she usually takes the taxi, but was getting  confirmed so she needed to be there! But it worked out and she made it and was confirmed. Ryno confirmed her and it was really nice! She was excited.

We are still teaching Simba and he's doing well. For some reason he wasn’t able to come to church this week, we were expecting him, but we will see what happened when we see him tomorrow. We're also teaching a guy named Michael who is pretty cool, and another guy named Jose who really is loving the Book of Mormon, the only thing holding him back is the work. So we are working with some nice people, but again we are trying to build the numbers in our teaching pool....looking for some member referrals! But they will come we're trying to work with members more.
Crazy to think that I only have 2 weeks left. It actually freaks me out.....ha ha. But I'll keep trying and  working hard!

I love you so much mom! I hope you know how much I miss you! I had a dream that I was home and it was super wierd. hahaha. I love you and miss you tons!
Love,
Elder Truscott

No comments:

Post a Comment