Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015

 I gave Bro. Badi those gushers and sour patch you sent...he was very grateful :)

Iviwe did great on his interview, and Elder Ratema got to baptize his first person this week!

Elder Truscott and Sis. Xalabile.

The highlight of my week, of course was Wednesday night when I woke up at 1 a.m. to a crack....and I was back to hillbilly Truscott. hahaha. 
Well this week was a bit of a slower one in Sada.
This transfer is going kind of slow...but with that being said it’s already week 4 of week 6....so I guess it will be over soon!
Last Monday we just went and did some shopping and then I tried to get a nap in before we had to get up to plan for the next week....it didn’t work too well. I mostly just laid there in the heat and had a nice rest, but unfortunately there was no sleeping involved...I did get to go to bed earlier that night though and it felt nice.
Grant and Shanice's news is awesome!! Talking to them was awesome, and when Shanice told me that they were engaged I was super excited, and then of course when she said that they were waiting for us to be there for the wedding I was so happy, not only for them but that I got to see that! Man I love them :)
The highlight of my week, of course was Wednesday night when I woke up at 1 a.m. to a crack....and I was back to hillbilly Truscott. hahaha. I was pretty nervous....but afterwards I guess it wasn’t that big of a deal. I just chalked it up to the fact that I was preaching too much fire and my teeth couldn’t handle it.
This week in terms of lessons was a bit slower. We are doing some finding, this week not as much, but it just feels like everyone we find doesn’t progress that far. I guess it’s a numbers game though. I gave Bro. Badi those gushers and sour patch you sent...he was very grateful :) I will upload a pic for you! But thank you very much for sending those.
Our shining points of the week were that Iviwe did great on his interview, and Elder Ratema got to baptize his first person this week! He is funny. He was always saying how he wasn’t going to baptize anyone in his 2 years, and how he didn’t want to. Well I told him to ask Iviwe who should baptize him, and Iviwe said "you"....he said he wasn’t excited, but I’m pretty sure he was. The baptism went great though!
Sunday was a good day, not for lessons, it sucked for those, but for church itself. We had 8 investigators at sacrament meeting, and then the baptism afterwards went great :) I also gave a talk in sacrament meeting this week. It was my first one since I got here to Sada....so I was joking that they had forgotten about me and how I was just trying to stay under the radar...but nope. Ha ha. I spoke on missionary work for members and how as they reach out to their friends and family to hear the Gospel Sada will have more success. I used 1 Ne. 8 and a few other stories and stuff. It went good I think.
Our other stud investigator is Sibu. Well this week we learned that we can’t take him fellowshipping cause he's not a member yet. Dumb. But we explained it to him and he said he didn’t want to wait to be baptized, so either the 8th or 15th he will be baptized, depending on when his dad's in town. And also we have been seeing him Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and this week he said he wanted to add Friday. Dang. Seeing an investigator 4 times a week is super awesome...I don’t think I've had someone want to sit and have a lesson 4 times a week my whole mission! But Sibu is sweet and he's progressing so fast! I'm really excited about him :)
Hopefully this next week will be better in terms of people taught....but either way, the people we want to focus on are our recent converts, less actives, and a few really progressing people....so hopefully we find more who want to progress!
But it was a pretty boring week for the most part! Next week I will be on exchanges with Ilinge and then with the zone leaders...so there will be some changing up a bit which should be nice!
I Miss you guys!
Love,
Elder Truscott

No comments:

Post a Comment