Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015

Sibu and Elder Truscott, he also has a chipped tooth

 Bro and Sis. Bika, SIbu's mom and dad

Elder Freitas and Elder Truscott

Elder Truscott wearing his new tie
This week was a really long one for me.

So last Monday after emailing nothing sounded good to me to eat, but I ate anyways, and then after that when we got back home I got really weak and tired, so I tried to lay down....but couldnt really sleep. We planned and I slept, but then threw up a couple times that night....really wasn’t feeling well at all. So Tuesday I went into Sada
as usual but I wasn’t feeling well at all....when the Stapley's saw me they told me to go home and rest. So I did. To make matters worse, my flipping tooth came out AGAIN on Tuesday night, so that sucked, since the dentist was booked until Saturday. Wednesday I went to the doctor and he told me to rest and that I’d be like that for a few days. I rested on Wednesday and then Thursday we went to the area again just a bit later and worked but kind of took it easy for the next bit. Of course the people had a good laugh about me going out there with one
front tooth, I looked funny of course.

So the beginning of this week was really really slow. Just me sick and not doing much. Saturday I was on exchanges with Elder Freitas, our Zone Leader, and we were working around Sada. It was a good day I guess. That morning I went in to the dentist, who really made me mad. I told him that I didn’t want any permanent option because I wanted to wait until I got home for that, and then he just stopped talking and was kind of like he didn’t care at all, "built a tooth" for me, which is like a glob of glue, filled in the gaps I had with it and when I asked him about it (cause they were kind of closing naturally) he just said "I think it should stay this way" and left, came back in and said he needed to put someone else in there. I was pretty pissed. They were just rude. I would go 4 months without one before I went back to him. But I guess what he did will do. I had an extreme appreciation for Ryan Mcneil this week. Ha ha ha.

But exchanges were good. We did good work after the dentist and got to the area. We taught, and had a few minutes and did some finding through Sada where hopefully we can get some nice new families!
Sunday at church was ok. We had a good turnout, so that is good, and of course Sibu is super pumped for the 15th. So he's still progressing really quick. Besides him we found a few new people this week we're hopeful for, and one members like 20 year old son came from Cape Town so we are excited to start teaching him!
In all though, it was a slow and hard week for me. Hopefully next week will be better.
I love you and miss you,
Elder Truscott

No comments:

Post a Comment